It is said that friendship and hostility should always be in equals. These two players, we are talking in today’s article, are very good friends outside the court, but inside the court, they seem to be challenging right.
If you are crazy about tennis, and if you don’t have seen these top rankings players, playing so far, then it’s useless to be a fan of this game. Roger Federer Vs Novak Djokovic, It sounds good!!!!
Both the players have faced each other 45 times, in which Djokovic is leading only a single match. This includes a record 15 Grand Slam matches, four of which were finals, plus a record ten semifinals.
Let’s talk about the Greatest rivalry between these two players in the history of Tennis.
The first encounter between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic took place in 2006 in the ATP MASTER SERIES MONTE CARLO, Monaco, In which Federer beat Djokovic by 6-3, 2-6, 6-3. The second meeting took place in the Round 16 of the Australian Open in 2007, in which Federer beat Djokovic 6-2, 7-5, 6-3.
From 2007 to 2011: In these four years, Federer has dominated. federer has won 12 out of 22 matches in these four years, while Djokovic won 10 victories.
1. In the quarterfinal of the 2007 Dubai Tournament, Federer beat Djokovic 6-3, 6-7, 6-3 After this, same result came in the final of the 2009 ATP WORLD TOUR MASTERS 1000 CINCINATI, USA.
2. Federer also won in the semifinals of the US Open against djokovic in 2009, and in the semifinals of ATP WORLD TOUR MASTERS 1000 SHANGHAI, Federer defeated Djokovic by the margin of 7-5, 6-4.
3. In the Basel’s final, Federer won it by defeating Djokovic. Federer also won by 6-1, 6-4 in the ATP Finals. Federer beat Djokovic in the Roland Garris semi-finals by 6-7, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 7-5.
From 2012 to 2016:
Now the game turned, in these four years, Djokovic starts leading on Federer. Djokovic had won 14 matches out of 22 in these years
This shows the greatest rivalry between these two. Federer had won only 8 matches in these years.
1. Djokovic defeated Federer by 6-7, 6-4, 7-6, 5-7, 6-4 in 2014 Wimbledon.
2. Djokovic also won the 2014 ATP FINALS by defeating Federer 3-6, 6-3, 7-6.
3. Djokovic defeated Federer in the semifinals of 2014 ATP World Tour MASTERS 1000 INDIAN WELLS.
4. Djokovic again defeated Federer in ATP WORLD TOUR MASTERS 1000 INDIAN WELLS by 6-3, 6-2 in 2015 and keep his title second time.
5. Djokovic defeated Federer in the semifinal of Australian open 2016, by 6-1, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3.
Apart from this, if we are talking about the total career prize money then the figures of these two players are almost equal. Federer has won the prize money of a total of $111,885,682 so far, and Djokovic won the prize money of $109,805,403.
In the career titles, Federer has won a total of 95, the same Djokovic has won 68 so far. Both right-handed players are fully mature in their game, and they are creating history day by day.
We expect that these two tremendous players will keep their rivalry so that we can get some more exciting matches ahead.